ISO/TS 13399-100:2004 defines the principles and methods for creating unambiguous definitions of the items and their properties that relate to cutting tools in computer-sensible dictionaries that are to be used for reference by the information model defined in ISO 13399-1.
The following are within the scope of this Technical Specification:
- the specification of data element types, their identifying, semantic and value attributes;
- the specification of item classes, their identifying and semantic attributes;
The following are not within the scope of this Technical Specification:
- information model for cutting tools;
- classifications and definitions of items and data element types relating to cutting tools;
- association between properties and items in a classification.