The Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS) was established through an Act of Parliament in 1975, the Standards Act 3. This Act became operational on 6 April 1976. Tanzania Bureau of Standards is a statutory body of the Government fully financed by the Government. The Bureau has six departments:
- Process Technology Standards Department with the following sections: chemical; textiles; agriculture;
- Engineering Standards Department with the following sections: Electrical engineering; Mechanical engineering; Building and construction; General techniques; Mining;
- Quality Management Department with the following sections: Quality Control; Inspectorate; Certification; Technical Assistance to Exporters;
- Testing and Calibration comprising the following test houses: Textile Laboratory; Chemicals Laboratory; Food and Microbiology Laboratory; Metrology Laboratory; Material Testing Laboratory;
- Documentation Department with the following sections: Information; Editing and reprography; ICT;
- Administration Department with the following sections: Accounts; Personnel; Office management; Materials management.
The main responsibility of the Bureau includes formulation of standards, metrology quality control, testing and calibration, and training.
Tanzania Bureau of Standards
Ubungo Area Junction of Morogoro/Sam Nujoma Roads
Dar es Salaam
Tanzania, United Republic of
Тел.: +255 22 2450 298
Факс: +255 22 2450 959