ISO 14644-9:2012 establishes the classification of cleanliness levels on solid surfaces by particle concentration in cleanrooms and associated controlled environment applications. Recommendations on testing and measuring methods, as well as information about surface characteristics are also given
ISO 14644-9:2012 applies to all solid surfaces in cleanrooms and associated controlled environments such as walls, ceilings, floors, working environments, tools, equipment and products. The surface particle cleanliness (SPC) classification is limited to particles between 0,05 µm and 500 µm.
The following issues are not considered:
- requirements for the cleanliness and suitability of surfaces for specific processes;
- procedures for the cleaning of surfaces;
- material characteristics;
- references to interactive bonding forces or generation processes that are usually time-dependent and process-dependent;
- selection and use of statistical methods for classification and testing;
- other characteristics of particles, such as electrostatic charge, ionic charges, microbiological state, etc.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2012-08
Edition: 1Number of pages: 26
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 209 Cleanrooms and associated controlled environments
- ICS :
- 13.040.35 Cleanrooms and associated controlled environments
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
ISO 14644-9:2012Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.