This document specifies procedures for both the static and dynamic strength testing of roll-over protective structures (ROPS) rear-mounted on narrow tractors. It defines the clearance zone and acceptance conditions for rigid or tiltable, rear, two-post roll bar, frame and cab ROPS, and is applicable to tractors so equipped having the following characteristics:
- a ground clearance of not more than 600 mm beneath the lowest points of the front- and rear-axle housings (not considering lower points on the axle differential);
- a fixed or adjustable minimum track width of one of the two axles of less than 1 150 mm and with the overall width of the other axle being less than that of the first axle, including where the two axles are fitted with rims and tyres of the same size;
- a fixed driving position and a mass greater than 400 kg, unballasted, including the ROPS and tyres of the largest size recommended by the manufacturer;
- a reversible driving position (reversible seat and steering wheel), with a mass greater than 400 kg, unballasted, including the ROPS and tyres of the largest size recommended by the manufacturer and maximum unballasted mass less than 3 500 kg and maximum permissible mass less than 5 250 kg;
- a mass ratio less than 1,75;
- a ROPS of the rollbar, frame or cab type, mounted partly or entirely behind the seat index point and having a zone of clearance whose upper limit is (810 + av) mm above the seat index point in order to provide a sufficiently large area or unobstructed space for the protection of the driver.
This document also specifies optional testing procedures for both seat anchorage points and folding efforts of rear-mounted ROPS designed to fold.