This International Standard describes fundamentals of quality management systems, which form the subject of the ISO 9000 family, and defines related terms.
This International Standard is applicable to the following:
- organizations seeking advantage through the implementation of a quality management system;
- organizations seeking confidence from their suppliers that their product requirements will be satisfied;
- users of the products;
- those concerned with a mutual understanding of the terminology used in quality management (e.g. suppliers, customers, regulators);
- those internal or external to the organization who assess the quality management system or audit it for conformity with the requirements of ISO 9001 (e.g. auditors, regulators, certification/registration bodies);
- those internal or external to the organization who give advice or training on the quality management system appropriate to that organization;
- developers of related standards.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2000-12
Edition: 2Number of pages: 29
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 176/SC 1 Concepts and terminology
ISO 9000:2000Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.