ISO 10303-235:2009 specifies the use of the integrated resources necessary for the scope and information requirements for the representation of engineering property data that are used for product design and product validation.
The following are within the scope of ISO 10303-235:2009:
- descriptions and definitions of the manufactured product, the sample of the product and the testable version of the sample;
- description of the composition and substance of the product;
- description of the processes used in the measurement;
- descriptions of the data values produced by the measurement, with the specification of the conditions in which the data is valid;
- references to standards and other documents wherein sampling, measurement and other details of testing and measurement processes can be specified or described;
- descriptions and qualifications of the personnel and or organizations responsible for the measurement;
- specification of the requirements, conditions and tolerances to be satisfied in the measurement and a description of the outcome;
- descriptions of the locations of the measurement process and the effectivity of the results;
- descriptions of the approval that establishes the validity of the measurements and the use of the properties for product design and design validation.
The following are outside the scope of ISO 10303-235:2009:
- data describing rules, guidelines and expert knowledge in the testing of products;
- names of properties and test methods;
- data describing why a decision was made to use a particular process;
- scheduling data for measurement processes;
- algorithms used for data evaluation and data processing.