- specifies the methodology for the measurement of specific attributes of OCR-B character strings,
- defines a method for evaluating these measurements and deriving an overall assessment of character string quality,
- defines a reference decode algorithm for OCR-B, and
- gives information on possible causes of deviation from optimum grades to assist users in taking appropriate corrective action.
ISO/IEC 30116:2016 applies to OCR-B as defined in ISO 1073‑2, but its methodology can be applied partially or wholly to other OCR fonts.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2016-10
Edition: 1Number of pages: 29
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 31 Automatic identification and data capture techniques
- ICS :
- 35.040.50 Automatic identification and data capture techniques
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 145|
|std 2 145||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.