ISO/IEC 18013-4:2011 specifies the test methods used for conformity testing, that is methods for determining whether a driving licence can be considered to comply with the requirements of ISO/IEC 18013 for:
- machine readable technologies (ISO/IEC 18013-2), and
- access control, authentication and integrity validation (ISO/IEC 18013-3).
The test methods specified in ISO/IEC 18013-4:2011 are based on specifications defined in ISO/IEC 18013-2 and ISO/IEC 18013-3 and underlying normative specifications.
ISO/IEC 18013-4:2011 deals with test methods specific to ISO-compliant driving licence (IDL) requirements. Test methods applicable to (smart) cards in general (e.g. those specified in the ISO/IEC 10373 series) are outside the scope of ISO/IEC 18013-4:2011.
Hence, ISO/IEC 18013-4:2011
- provides IDL implementers with requirements for conformity evaluation,
- provides IDL issuing authorities with requirements for quality assurance, and
- provides test laboratories and test tool providers with test suite requirements.